Monday, October 3, 2011

Crochet Coaster Pattern *Beginner Project*

I want to help people learn how to read crochet patterns, so I am going to post the pattern as a standard crochet pattern first. Under that I will post it written out with explanations. I forgot my camera today, so I will have to add my pictures to this later. 

Round Crochet Coaster - Standard Pattern

Size G hook
Worsted weight crochet cotton
With the gauge I used, I ended up with a 4" round coaster

Ch 5, sl st to form ring.


Row 1. Ch 3 (counts as dc now and throughout), 11dc in ring, sl st in top of 3dc to join. (12dc)



Row 2. Ch 3, dc between dc, ch1, (dc in dc, dc between dc, ch1) 11 times, sl st in top of ch 3 to join. (24dc, 12 ch1 sp)

Row 3. Sl st to ch 1 sp, ch 3 2dc in same sp, ch 1 (3dc in next sp, ch 1) 11 times, sl st in top of ch 3 to join. (36 dc, 12 ch 1 sp)

Row 4. Ch 1, sc in each dc and each ch 1 sp around, sl st to join. Fasten off. Weave end in.



Round Crochet Coaster - Pattern For Beginners 

Size G hook
Worsted weight crochet cotton
With the gauge I used, I ended up with a 4" round coaster

Chain 5, slip stitch in the first chain to make a ring

Row 1. Chain 3 (The chain 3 will count, and be used as a double crochet now and throughout the pattern), 11 double crochet in the ring, slip stitch with the top of the chain 3 to join the row. (You should have 12 double crochet in this row, including the chain 3 that is being treated as a double crochet)





Row 2. Chain 3, double crochet int he space between double crochets, chain 1, (double crochet in the next double crochet, and between double crochets, chain 1) do what is in between the parenthesis 11 times, slip stitch in the top of the chain 3 to join. (24 double crochets and 12 chain 1 spaces in this row)



Row 3. Slip stitch in the next stitch and then in the chain 1 space, chain 3  2 double crochet in the same space, chain 1 (3 double crochet in next space, chain 1) do what is in between the parenthesis 11 times, slip stitch in the top of the chain 3 to join. (36 double crochets and 12 chain 1 spaces in this row)


Row 4. Chain1, single crochet in each double crochet and in each chain one space around, slip stitch to join, fasten off and weave the yarn end into the coaster. (I like to weave ends into the single crochet edge.)




***This is my original pattern that I wrote, however I can not claim to have created the design as copied it from a picture that I found online. I merely figured out what stitches to use when and wrote it down.***

No comments:

Post a Comment